01 Jun What Happens if an achilles is not treated?
What Happens if an achilles is not treated?
We understand that the achilles is a common problem and an extremely frustrating problem for people to get treated.
If an achilles is not treated this is usually the process.
- The achilles gets inflamed and very sore
- Once the achilles becomes into a chronic inflamed state it needs to be offloaded for a period of time, at this stage it’s still treatable but the difficulty is that it is highly inflamed and we need to get it to settle back down again
- You can then start to get significant tears within the achilles, once you get significant tears within the Achilles you may need surgery to heal those tears
- Is where unfortunately the majority of the time it ends up if it’s not treated – a complete rupture of the achilles tendon. This can be quite debilitating, you could be looking at months or years of rehabilitation and your running and moving patterns may never be the same again.
The great news is that the majority of the time we can treat an Achilles without having to stop you running, walking, moving and doing the things you love.
What causes Achilles Tendonitis?
Primarily there’s two main things that cause achilles pain:
- Muscle tightness
- The way you stand and the way you walk which is affected by a level of misalignment in your foot and ankle.
Treating Achilles Tendonitis
We know how to treat the underlying cause of the achilles tendonitis. We don’t have to change your activities, we don’t have to interfere with the types of shoes that you wear, and we can still keep you active during your treatment and then we can treat the underlying cause so that you never get the achilles problem back again.
The process for treating the achilles is
- Book an assessment
- We diagnose the issue and diagnose the underlying cause
- Send you off for examinations if needed
- Come up with a plan that fixes the pain and addresses the underlying cause of the achilles so you can exercise freely forever
The great news about this is that we can treat your achilles so you can be pain free. We can fix the achilles long term and we can do it without you having to wear orthotics or be restricted to footwear for the rest of your life, not to mention you can be active for the rest of your life.
For a limited time, Alternative Foot Solutions is offering a 65% offer initial assessment. This means that we normally charge $100 for an assessment but for a limited time it’s only $35. To claim this special offer call our Manly Vale clinic on (02) 8966 9300 or book an appointment online.